Kiri Camp is named after the Kiri channel which flows passed the island on which the camp is situated. The camp is raised on wooden decks to give one a view of the mighty Kiri floodplains which stretch out in front of the camp. The luxury tents are designed to incorporate the surrounding ebony forest under which the camp is situated. The use of wood, canvas and reeds are primary to the architecture of this stunning camp.
Kiri Camp offers a combination of both game drives and water activities. Based on a private concession, these activities will take you to some of the more remote areas in the delta, previously inaccessible. A motorboat ride during peak flood times promises to enthrall you and captivate you, with the chance of seeing iconic wildlife from the river. Glide on quiet mokoro’s through the water lilies and view wildlife from below as you sail along at water level height. The wildlife in the Kiri area is diverse and plentiful, renown for its lion and buffalo interactions and rare wild dog numbers.
As Kiri Camp is in a private concession, off road and night driving are allowed, as are armed nature walks through the surrounding islands with knowledgeable guides.Visit Website
Kiri Camp is located on an exclusive concession area of NG32 which is a large community run concession, in the Okavango Delta. The Camp is situated on the Kiri River system, between the Boro River and the Kiri River, about 20km’s south west of Chiefs Island.
• Access to Kiri Camp is by air only
• Kiri Camp is a 15-minute charter flight from Maun
• Kiri Camp is a 60-minute charter flight from Kasane
• There is a 10-minute drive from the airstrip to camp
• Luxury tented camp – 10 Tents in Total – Max 24 guests
• 8 x Luxury Tents
• 2 x Family Luxury Tents
• Children of all ages are welcome. A private vehicle is required for children under 6 participating in game activities. No babysitting facilities available.
• Morning and evening game drives
• Walking (guide dependent)
• Mokoros (water dependent)
• Motorized boats (water dependent)
• Gameviewing from the comfort of your own tent
• After Dinner Night Drive