Verney’s Camp is based in a private concession in the heart of Hwange National Park in Zimbabwe. The Camp is located at Verney’s Pan, which is situated on a large open floodplain surrounded by teak forest typical of Hwange National Park. The waterhole at Verney’s plays host to numerous animals and is a playground for the famous elephant herds of Hwange. Verney’s Camp is part of the Machaba Safaris group and is built in keeping with Machaba Safaris’ winning recipe that matches the timeless wonder of a classic safari to Africa.Visit Website
Situated on the central side of the south eastern part of Hwange National Park, Verney’s Camp is a private concession of 10 000 hectares (24,7 acres). It is in a remote part of the National Park that is not accessed by regular Park visitors, however the camp does have access to the public parts of the National Park.
Ten tents are tucked away perfectly under the shady arms of the teak trees bordering the open waterhole in front of camp. Each tent has been carefully positioned to ensure the best serenity and privacy so that guests can enjoy the natural beauty of the area. Each room is comfortably appointed and has en suite shower, flush toilet, and double vanity which are all beautifully designed to retain the authenticity and magical feeling of being on safari. Verney’s Camp has eight double/twin rooms and two family rooms, all of which are on wooden decks, and are connected by natural pathways on the ground.
• Morning, evening and night game drives at times to suit guests.
• All day drives with Picnic lunch.
• Walking, usually done by initially driving to a good walking area.
• Game viewing from the comfort of your own tent. During the dry season, animals come down to drink at the waterhole right in front of the camp main area.
• Relax and appreciate being in the African bush.
• Play bridge on the antique bridge table.
• Cool off in the swimming pool
• Cultural visits to the local community