Victoria & Alfred Hotel

Built in 1904 as the North Quay Warehouse and converted into a luxury hotel in 1990, the V&A Hotel is named in honour of Queen Victoria and her son who visited the Cape in 1870 when Prince Alfred officially opened the Breakwater Basin – today’s Victoria & Alfred Waterfront.

The V&A Hotel is owned by Newmark Hotels.