Hallmark House, which was built originally in the 1970s as a diamond-polishing centre, is in the heart of the Maboneng Precinct on the east side of the Johannesburg CBD. It comprises a mix of residential and hotel apartments and is situated in this up and coming Johannesburg area, full of vibrant, young and trendy spots.
Hallmark House is marketed by Newmark Hotels.Visit Website
Hallmark House is in the exciting Maboneng Precinct in downtown Johannesburg. It is home to numerous independent retail, restaurants and entertainment venues as well as loft apartments, offices, the hotel, a museum and creative factory spaces in a connected urban environment.
The hotel has 46 apartments on two storeys. Each room boasts views of Johannesburg’s up and coming area and is fully equipped to provide guests with a comfortable, sophisticated base to explore the bustling city that is downtown Johannesburg.
20 Deluxe rooms (24-40m2) face the West (Johannesburg CBD) however most rooms are South facing with views of Turfontein Race Course amongst others.
There are 16 Premium rooms (25-45m2) which have King Size beds whereas the smaller rooms are equipped with twin beds with extra length.
The 10 Executive rooms (39-42m2) have various options with regard to the directions that the rooms face, however the biggest difference between executive and the others on offer is the size of the rooms as well as the size of the beds in the executive rooms. Beds in the executive rooms are extra length King Size beds.
Nearby Attractions/Places of Interest
• Maboneng Market - this bustling market happens every Sunday from 10am to 3pm
• Trendy local restaurants & bars
• Arts on Main is a workshop and gallery space for established and up-and-coming African artists
• The Bioscope is an independent cinema that screens a mix of classic and South African films
• Museum of African Design features constantly changing exhibitions from photographers, artists, sculptors and even architects
• Taste beer inspired by Maboneng at Smack! Republic, the only inner city brewing company
• Shop fashion, art and design at Moboneng’s massive variety of retail stores
• Elis Park Stadium
Tours are available every day between 10am until 2pm and are pre-arranged to suit the itinerary of the tourists. It includes a bicycle tour into the inner city allowing tourists to see all areas of the Johannesburg city centre. The company facilitating the tours will collect guests from Park Station.