Serena's Uganda flagship, the Kampala Serena Hotel is an inspirational blend of 5-star polish, pan-African panache, social style and business reliability.
Drawing its architectural inspiration from the abundance of Uganda's lakes and rivers, the hotel has been created around a central water theme, which manifests itself both in the extensive water gardens and in the hand-carved panels and shimmering mosaics with which it is decorated.
The hotel is situated in central Kampala, 40 kilometres from Entebbe International Airport and within walking distance of central Kampala.
Total number of rooms and Suites - 152 including 4 inter-connecting rooms
Deluxe Rooms - 108
Executive Rooms - 32
Executive Suites - 8
Businessman’s Suites - 3
Presidential Suite - 1
Nearby Places of Interest
• Lake Victoria Serena Golf Resort & Spa
• Entebbe Botanical Gardens
• The Owen Falls
• Sezibwa Falls and Bujagali Falls
• Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary
• Mabira Forest
A two-storey terracotta edifice traced by delicate white pillars that blossom into bud on its sun-terraced roof, ‘Maisha' echoes the trademark Moorish theme of its sister facility in Nairobi. Kampala's first and only world-class spa, ‘Maisha' offers an unrivalled range of regimes complemented by luxuriant steam rooms, saunas, iced plunge pools and fountains brimming with pure mineral water.
• 25-metre pool
• State-of-the-art gymnasium and cardio studio
• Aerobic studio offering workouts to include; cardiovascular, kick boxing, dance, yoga, Tai chi and ‘stretch and sculpture'
• Steam, sauna, plunge pool, sun-deck and juice bar
• The best range of holistic massage in Kampala
• De-tox and aromatherapy treatments
• Hair and beauty salon
• Running track around the grounds