Pristine unspoilt beaches all to yourself!
Machangulo Beach Lodge in Mozambique is dramatically located alongside the channel between Inhaca Island and the dunes of the Santa Maria Peninsula in Maputo Bay. Thanks to the easy access (just an hour’s boat trip from Maputo Marina) this is a far more affordable option than most areas of Mozambique.Visit Website
Situated in a truly unique location on a beautiful secluded peninsula, Machangulo Beach Lodge is the most easily accessible beach lodge in Mozambique.
The closest airport is Maputo International Airport which is currently used by the following international airlines:
South African Airways
Flights also arrive regularly from Durban, Johannesburg and Cape Town. From the airport road transfer can be arranged to the Maputo Marina. The Machangulo Beach Lodge boat will meet guests here and transfer them across to the lodge. The boat transfer is just over an hour depending on tides and weather.
Road transfers are also available from KMIA (Nelspruit) to Maputo Marina.
Self-drive – please note only certain car hire companies will allow cars to be taken across the border from South Africa to Mozambique.
It is possible to access the Lodge with a 4x4 by travelling through the Maputo Elephant Reserve to Santa Maria (which is a 30 minute walk from the Lodge or quick boat transfer). However, this is for only the very experienced 4x4 enthusiast as there are no roads or infrastructure per say.
Machangulo Beach Lodge comprises just 17 rooms, all luxuriously furnished with modern amenities and great attention to detail. All have ensuite bathrooms, air-conditioning, mosquito nets and private decks /verandas – and are connected by walkways to the main buildings and the beach. The villas are ideal for families travelling together.
• 7 Premium Ocean View Rooms - perched up on a ridge near the main lodge building with breath-taking views of the ocean and Inhaca Island (2 have outdoor showers).
• 8 Beach Forest Rooms – nestled in the dune forests and only meters from the shoreline in clusters of 4. Each cluster is linked to a shared pool (6 x 4m), deck, lounge, dining, bar and kitchen by pathways.
• 2 Family Villas – Each villa includes 2 separate ensuite bedrooms and a lounge. The villas are linked with boardwalks to the beach and have their own private plunge pool (4 x 3m) and deck
Machangulo offers a world of fun and exciting activities for the whole family – from relaxing and soaking up the sun to the thrill of big game fishing. There is a full activity centre on site with friendly, qualified staff offering:
• Scuba Diving (beginner to advanced courses)
• Cruises and Dhow sailing safaris
• Fishing (on and off shore)
• Bird watching
• Whale watching (June to December)
• Santa Maria & Inhaca village trips
• Maputo City tours /walking tours